RealRec are looking for an outstanding Associate Director Planner to join our award winning client, who are a leading London planning consultancy. We are searching for an ambitious and dedicated candidate looking to further their career in the private sector.
We are looking for a commercially minded Associate Director, who is capable of thinking outside of the box. You will be collaborating closely with the Planning and Design teams, working on projects from small single unit schemes to Urban Extensions and Masterplan Strategies.
The ideal candidate will be used to working in an agile and entrepreneurial environment and will have been exposed to a variety of projects… no two days will be the same.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Project managing a broad mix of planning submissions and appeals
- Working with a wide range of clients, managing expectations and adhering to time limits
- Maintaining a good understanding of policies relating to residential, commercial and mixed-use schemes
- Demonstrating fee-winning and business generating capability
- Taking on management responsibilities as the business progresses
It is essential that candidates have:
- Chartered membership of the RTPI
- Minimum degree qualification in town planning
- UK private sector planning experience, especially Development Management
- Proven planning experience of at least 5+ years (post qualification)
- Good professional writing skills with an ability to provide clear advice across a range of reports
- Ability to present reasoned advice in formal and informal environments
- Experience in preparing, submitting and negotiating a range of planning applications and appeals
- An ability to display initiative and be part of a team
- Ability to manage workload, budgets and project co-ordination
- Knowledge of public engagement practices
- Enthusiasm, thoroughness, honesty and commitment
Our client is offering a very competitive salary package circa £40,000 - £60,000 + generous package. If you are interested in this job please send your CV to henry @ Realrec.co.uk or call on 0203 911 1701.
If you do not hear anything back within two weeks, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion, but I will retain your details for future roles.