RealRec are working with a fantastic well established Commercial Surveying Practice based in NW1 London, who are looking for Property Management Surveyor to manage a portfolio of properties on behalf of their clients.
Our client have won numerous industry awards and have been recognised for the commitment to excellence in property. They have invested heavily in their workplace and workforce and as such offer a vibrant and trendy environment, where their staff can thrive.
The successful candidate will have the perfect balance of client handling skills and technical knowledge. They will demonstrate initiative, competence, organisation skills and leadership qualities gained from their previous experience.
The Surveyor will be part of our clients Property Management department based in London, however will be involved in a variety of opportunities in London and across the UK. They will work hand in hand with the Accounts team, Facilities Management and Professional Department.
The property portfolio is predominantly commercial although there is a small amount of residential. You will enjoy working as part of a team to deliver excellent client service.
- Client Relationship management
- Coordination between finance, facilities and other professionals
- Developing and managing asset strategy
- Creating and managing annual service charge budgets working alongside Accounts and FM teams
- Ensuring budgets are kept to and are spent down correctly
- Ensuring all mandatory Health & Safety compliance is adhered to
- Client Reporting
- New business development
- Tenant relations. Resolving issues and complaints handling
- Managing tenant check-in and check-out process.
- Working closely with clients and reporting in agreed formats including the preparation of recommendations to the client. This will include creating an annual asset strategy for each property, then working alongside Facilities and Accounts Managers to deliver the strategy
- Preparing detailed service charge budgets and liaising with the accounts team on service charges and ground rent invoicing as well as end of year reconciliations
- Presenting clients with strategic advice and working with them to maximise value in their portfolio and buildings
- Regularly meeting with tenants and ensuring they are receiving exceptional service
- Being comfortable pitching to new prospective clients
- Setting up and running maintenance contracts at various properties with FM and Building Managers
- Overseeing utility contracts
- Coordinating instructions for vacant units
- Negotiating and managing legal documents including licences to alter, wayleaves. Dealing with queries relating to asset disposals and acquisitions
- At least 3 years commercial property management experience
- Ideally MRICS qualified
- Experience in using property management software, such as QUBE/TRAMPS/YARDI, an advantage but not a necessity
- Experience of undertaking property inspections, overseeing planned maintenance diary systems, preparing service charge budgets and setting up and maintenance contracts
- A commercial approach with strong communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to summarise leases and undertake inspections and measurements
- Communicating with internal departments, contractors, tenants and clients
- Ability and enthusiasm to make and maintain contacts for the development of a profitable business
- High level of computer literacy
- Strong attention to detail
- Good organisation skills
- Strong grammatical and spelling skills
- Competitive salary
- Exciting opportunities to learn and develop your career
- Healthcare benefits
- Contributory pension
- Two paid charity days per annum
- Quarterly staff social
- Investors in People Gold accreditation
Our client are offering a fantastic salary of £35,000-£50,000 per annum + excellent package, however, we will consider more for outstanding candidates.
If this role is of interest please email your CV to henry @ RealRec.co.uk or call him on 0203 911 1701.
If you do not hear anything back within two weeks, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion, but I will retain your details for future roles